Portobello Pork Chops

My daughter brought this recipe home from foods class. It was very good despite the fact that I bought the wrong mushrooms - I guess that means the title doesn't exactly fit. We could call it "Small Brown Mushrooms in the Bin on the Far Right Pork Chops" - either way it is a keeper!

Portobello Pork Chops

Ingredients:
4 Pork Chops
1 1/2 Cups mild salsa (Double check ingredients to make sure it is Gluten Free)
1 Cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoon maple syrup (buy the real stuff because it is Gluten Free)

Instructions:
Go to the store yourself and purchase "Portobello Mushrooms". Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spoon salsa into a 3-quart baking dish. Arrange chops on top of salsa. Combine mushrooms, cheese and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture over chops. Bake uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.

Comments:
Now that I actually read the recipe I also bought Medium instead of Mild Salsa. I also did not have the correct size of baking dish. . . Despite all of that this is a very good recipe. It was even better the next day (I always take leftovers for lunch to work) and I was impressed the second time I ate it - which means it must be good.

0 comments: