Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream

I found this Ice Cream Recipe in a Quick Cooking magazine. I am sorry to say that I don't know which one because I had ripped out the page, obviously meaning to try it years ago. It is on page 66 of some month or year. Johanna Gimmeson was the person who submitted it. It is pretty and flavorful and "gluten free anyway."

Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
4 cups milk
4 cups whipping cream
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup lemon juice

Instructions:
Dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for one hour. Stir in milk, cream, pineapple, and lemon juice; mix well. Fill ice cream freezer two-thirds full and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Makes 3 quarts.

Comments:
I thought it was good. I put in 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead of 2 1/2 and still found it plenty sweet.

0 comments: