Sweet & Sour Barbeque Sauce

The thing about sauces is that some are gluten free and some are not, take soy sauce for instance. Soy sauce, despite the name is most frequently made out of wheat. There are brands whose main ingredient actually is soy, so either check your gluten free guide book or read the label carefully. You must have a bottle of gluten free soy sauce to survive this gluten free diet! Worcestershire sauce (however you say that) can also contain gluten. There are some packages that do proclaim to be gluten free. Vinegar is problematic to me, although I have read that most of it is okay, my stomach is not 100% convinced, so I personally try to stay away from "distilled vinegar" when possible. I choose red wine vinegar, cider vinegar and rice vinegar.

Sweet & Sour BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
3 Tbs tomato paste
2 Tbs Soy sauce (GF)
2 Tbs Honey
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce (GF)
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper

Instructions:
1. Have your children measure and mix all of the ingredients together (j/k, my son was reading over my shoulder)
2. Marinate chicken or other meat in this sauce for one or more hours
3. Cook on grill or broil as desired

0 comments: