Flourless Chocolate Cake

I have seen this particular recipe several places, so I am not sure who to give credit to.

Probably most of you know what a spring-form pan is. I didn't so the first time I tried this recipe I made it in an angel food cake pan and the dough leaked all over my oven. A spring-form pan has sides that can be removed from the cake when it is baked. So, after the dough incident, I purchased one. It is worth the investment. Be forewarned, do not put your hand under the spring-form pan while carrying it to the oven. Just hold the sides! The second time I made this cake I had a nice mess on my floor. Persistence pays off. I made it again and it is very worthwhile. Cocoa powder serves as the flour in this recipe:

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1 Cup Butter
8 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
6 Large Eggs

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with baking spray (line with parchment paper if desired)
3. Melt butter over medium heat
4. Add chocolate chips, stirring until melted
5. Set off stove and let cool to room temperature
6. Whisk together eggs and sugar
7. Add butter/chocolate mixture
8. Add cocoa powder, mix only enough to incorporate
9. Pour batter in pan (carefully transporting it to the oven while holding the sides of the pan!)
10. Bake for about 45 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.

Not low-fat, but worth the calories!

0 comments: